Friday, February 22, 2008

Long, long, boring day...........

Fridays at work can be the worst. Of course, being "Friday", you would think there would be some excitement since it is almost the weekend and all..... but there is absolutely NOTHING going on here.

The campus pretty much shuts down around noon on Friday, so there are not as many students around and most of the offices....except ours, close early too. I have basically spent my day answering calls from students cancelling their appointments, surfing the internet, reading magazines, surfing the internet, waiting for students who are apparently not going to show up, surfing the internet, looking for recipes on the internet, and staring at people walking by my office.

The highlight of my day was a little incident watching the Dean in the office across the hall try to get in his door. He stood there about 5 minutes ,while on the cell phone, looking frustrated and confused as to why he could not get in. They changed the locks on all the doors in the building about 3 months ago and I guess nobody bothered to tell him since his secretary is usually there to open up the office and even she is not there today. Did I help him? No..... cause I am mean like that..... just kidding people.... Jeesh!!! Security helped him out eventually. :)

My co-worker took a day of vacation today so there is nobody here to even chat with. I can't even leave for lunch since I have 7 appointments scheduled (2 which have already cancelled) and they are all staggered just so that I can't even get out of here for even 30 minutes. I brought my lunch which was nasty ham sandwich that tasted like a plastic baggie, some little chocolate rice cakes, and two mandarin oranges. I could only gag down a couple of bites of the "plastic" sandwich so I am still hungry!! I am definitely a "hot lunch" type of person. I need food!!!!!

Maybe the weather is the reason for all the emptiness and silence around here. People just want to stay home and be warm. Hell, that is where I would be if given the choice. Oh well, two hours and 36 minutes until I go home. There better not be any last minute students trying to wander in this office needing help because I am leaving on time today people!!!!

No comments: