Wednesday, November 5, 2008

It never fails....

You would think that I would have learned by now......... if you go out in public looking like crap, there is a 100% chance that you are going to run into someone that you know. After a day of working in the yard, a four hour trip in the car to College Station and back, and cleaning my bathroom..... I made the mistake of thinking that I could get away with a quick trip to Super Target to pick up a few things. I was too tired to take a shower and change my clothes ( I was going to shower and change into my pjs as soon as I got back) so I figured that my flat hair, old capri pants, flip flops, blotchy pale skin (yes, you can be blotchy and pale at the same time!) and ratty old UCLA t-shirt would just have to do.

I was minding my own business, whipping down the aisles and headed toward the front of the store when I made the terrible error of stopping in the kitchen section to see if they had an Egg McMuffin maker (mine stopped working and I was having Egg McMuffin withdrawal.) Alas, no McMuffin maker but Idid find myself face to face with an old co-worker. Unfortunately we made eye contact so I could not exactly "pretend" that I had not seen her. I had to put up with 10 minutes of uncomfortable conversation with her. I knew I looked like hell and she certainly must have been thinking "Boy does she look like crap! Hee! Hee!" I was in total misery!!!! I finally escaped with some lame excuse about having to be somewhere else and got the hell out of there. Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! Repeat after me... I will not go out in public looking like crap again... I will not go out in public looking like crap again......

No comments: