Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just say no = total bitch

I finally put my foot down and now I feel like a super bitch. About 6 months ago, a new co-worker started organizing parties for every body's birthdays at work as well as an extravagant secret Santa at Christmas. In the past we had always just brought in food and a card and had a little party to celebrate. Now, every time I turn around we are expected to chip in $20-$25 for a gift AND bring food. WTF!!!!!!!??????? I hate to be a Grinch but enough is enough!!!!!!!! I barely know these people!!! I can hardly keep up with all the gifts and wedding presents for friends and family. Anyway, after being asked to chip in $20 for an umbrella (who came up with the idea of buying this woman an umbrella and why does she need such an expensive one anyway??), I went postal and said that enough is enough... if someone wants to buy a gift on their own...fine.... but no more group presents!!!! Now everyone thinks I am a total party pooper and apparently I am but somebody had to take a stand.

No comments: