Thursday, June 12, 2008

Please don't call me ever again!!

I have been told many, many times that I sound like a little kid on the phone......today it actually worked to my advantage. I will admit that I am guilty of screening calls. By screening I mean that I will usually let it roll over to voicemail if I don't recognize the number. I will always answer calls from friends and family but I have little patience for telemarketers.....especially when they are calling from overseas and they butcher my name and I can't understand what they want. I could just hang up on them I guess, but that would just be too mean. Everybody has had a crappy job in their lives and I don't want to be the cause of the guy on the phone going postal at work or anything.........



I made the mistake of grabbing the phone on the first ring without looking yesterday and immediately I knew it was someone that I did not want to talk to.
Man on phone- "Hello, my name is William and I am calling regarding traffic and roadway needs (HUH???) in "xxxxxx" county and I would like to ask you a series of questions that would help us to improve tax payer's driving conditions."

Me- "OK"

Man on phone- "So is your mother or father or an adult over 18 that lives in "xxxxxx" county available to participate in this survey?"

Me- What? Is this guy serious? How old does he think I am?.... wait... this may work!!! "Umm.... no, my mom and dad are at work and I really am not supposed to be speaking to strangers......so I better go now."

Man on phone- "Oh, OK thanks!

Sometimes it all works out in the end. :)

No comments: