Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Plowed down by an old lady.

I ran into WalMart yesterday to pick up some evaporated milk for a pie I was making for dinner and I had a totally surreal experience. I had the can of milk in my hand and I was walking towards the front of the store when I saw a little old lady in a pink jogging suit. She was at the end of the bread aisle and was picking up a box of those individually wrapped generic cinnamon rolls that are so coated in blinding white frosting that they look lethal. I had always wondered who actually bought that kind of crap and I guess I now know the answer. She was ruffling through the boxes looking for the perfect one (probably the one with the most frosting) when she looked up and gave me the dirtiest death ray look ever. I had never seen her before in my life and yes I may have been staring at her and thinking to myself "lady... those cinnamon rolls may kill you" but I don't think I deserved such a dirty look. I looked away and continued walking on by, hoping to just pay for my milk and get out of there quickly, when I suddenly felt someone come up behind me and nearly run me down. It was the old lady in the jogging suit trying to beat me to the registers!! She actually passed me at a semi-jog and I could tell that it was her intention to get there first. Hell no was I going to let this happen! She noticed that I was overtaking her and she full out cut me off and ran to the nearest express lane. Once she got there, she turned around and gave me "the look"' again. Was this really happening? Was I on a hidden camera show or something? No way was I going to get behind her line so I went to the longer express lane and stood in line. By some miracle of God, the customer in front of me turned around and told me to go ahead of her because she was waiting on her husband. I sailed to the front of the line and was out of there in like 20 seconds. The evil old lady was watching me the whole time and she was still stuck in line because the person in front of her was writing a check. Ha! Take that you mean old lady! I don't know what her deal was but the whole incident was crazy. At least "I won" !!!!!

No comments: