Friday, September 5, 2008

For a minute there, I thought maybe it was just me.....


that had problems with these things.

WTH??? Now.... realize that I am not talking about the simple ones that say "dog" or "cat". I am talking about the ones with crazy squiggles and lines that don't look like a member of any English alphabet or numeric system that I have ever seen. After failing to enter the correct codes on many an occasion or having to hit the refresh button over and over until I can find something that I could identify..... I was actually beginning to be a little concerned that I was either visually impaired, stupid, or possibly dyslexic. However, after a brief and non-scientific survey amongst several of my friends and co-workers.... I have determined that I am not alone. 75% of those surveyed admitted to occasionally having problems solving these things (especially the ones on myspace for some strange reason). So either having problems solving these complicated captcha is a universal problem..... or I just happen to have a bunch of stupid/ blind/ dyslexic friends and co-workers... who knows????

Definition of a captcha---

A CAPTCHA is a type of challenge-response test used in computing to ensure that the response is not generated by a computer. The process involves one computer (a server) asking a user to complete a simple (Simple my ass!) test which the computer is able to generate and grade (apparently I am a failure!!) Because other computers are unable to solve the CAPTCHA, any user entering a correct solution is presumed to be human.( I think that are trying to say that I do not qualify as human?) A common type of CAPTCHA requires that the user type the letters or digits of a distorted image (distorted? Ha!!!! Is that a B or a 3 or maybe an E??)that appears on the screen.
Characteristics A CAPTCHA system is a means of automatically generating new challenges which:
Current software is unable to solve accurately.
Most humans can solve. (Yeah right!!)

No comments: