Sunday, January 17, 2010

His mom must like meat.

I had a student walk into my office yesterday who requested a copy of his test scores. I told him that it was not a problem, but that I would need to see some form of ID before I could release them to him. He pulls out his wallet so that I could check his driver's license but the plastic cover on it was causing such a glare that I had a hard time getting the spelling of his name right. I got his last name entered into the computer so then I asked him to spell his first name.....He goes C-H-A-T-E-A-U-B-R-I-A..... I knew what letters would be coming next so I interrupted him and said "You are joking with me, right?" He was not. His first name really was Chateaubriand!!!! I felt bad for questioning him about his name but come on.... who names their kid after meat????? Does he have a brother named pork chop???

No comments: