Thursday, April 8, 2010

Simon, Matthias, Anastasia, Augustine, Joseph, Christine, Victoria....

It is always touching when somebody goes way, way, out of their way to do something nice for you. One of my friends took it upon herself to start looking up some of my relatives on ancestry.com. I told her that she did not have to do it but apparently she is really into genealogy and is just generally a nice person so she just did it out of the kindness of her heart. Wow!!!! I knew the last two generations on my mother's side pretty well but I had no idea of who was who before that. She was able to find stuff 6-7 generations back. Names of people I never knew existed. It is just amazing how much information people have been able to link together to help solve the mysteries of our past. I can see know why people really get into this kind of research. I would really like to find out more information on my father's side of the family. There was a lot of crazy drama and scandal there that I would like to know more about. I think it may be time to get my own membership and do some research on my own.

No comments: