Thursday, March 4, 2010

My day....

1. Some time around 4am the heat came on and I woke up feeling like I was going to burst into flames. I could not get the covers off of me fast enough. My ideal sleeping environment is a super cold room with lots and lots of blankets and quilts. It was so damn hot in the room that all three of the little dogs came scrambling out of the covers panting. Unfortunately the little dogs are like children... you don't want to wake them up or else they will want to go outside and play and they will pester you until you get up. I finally gave in and let them out and then I had to stand there and wait for them to do their business. There is always one dog that has to wander around outside for 2o minutes so it was close to 4:30 before I got back into bed (after having turned off the heat.)
2. I woke up about 25 minutes late. My radio had gone off but I was so tired that I just did not hear it. I woke up in one of those severe sleep fogs where you can't remember where you are and you lay there for a few minutes trying to remember what day it is and if you have to go to work.
3. I burned my waffles.
4. I had put some black flip flops on to drive to work in with every intention of changing into more suitable, "work-like" shoes once I got there. Of course I left my work shoes at home and felt like everybody was staring at my feet all day wondering why I was dressed so oddly..... need I say more.
5. Around lunch time, the campus police came running by my office. I later found out they were looking for a "suspicious person" who was hiding in the building. Great!!!!!! Sometimes it is better to not know what is going on.
6. I missed my exit on the way home and had to drive 5 miles down the road to get to the next turn-around. Sucks!!!
7. Some redneck asshole gave me the finger for not going fast enough for his liking. Apparently he thought I should go at least 65 through a known speed trap with a 40 mile an hour speed limit. Screw you mister!!!! Where are these people coming from??????????????
Good night!! Tomorrow WILL be a better day!!!!!

No comments: