Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mid-year high....14/365

Since my New Years resolutions went over so well (ha!), I have decided to start fresh with some new resolutions for the remainder of the year. I did keep one resolution from January... the one about shutting the medicine cabinet door and not leaving it wide open. You are probably asking "what kind of weirdo has a stupid resolution like that?" Well.... I did and I have been cured of the bad habit..... well, 99.7% cured anyways. So onto some new ones that I will attempt to achieve......

  1. Get rid of the Queen Mary (the name of my truck) and replace it with something more fuel efficient.
  2. Take some good road trips/vacations. I would love to go to New Orleans. I have not been there in a long time and I would like to see how things are doing since Katrina. I would love to hit some of the plantation tours and there is a haunted swamp ride that is supposed to be fantastic. I would also like to maybe do a weekend at a B&B in Fredericksburg. I used to go there a lot when I lived in San Antonio and I always had a good time. For a longer trip (maybe for Christmas?) I would like to do a "beach" thing or maybe even Mexico. Something not too far...just need to get away from here for awhile.
  3. Get stuff in order around here so that I can move back to Austin. I really need to get some of these projects done that I promised that I would help out with around the farm.
  4. Relax and be happy. Not that this is a hard thing to do, but I need to just take some time out for myself.

I don't listen to country music much on the radio but I have been known to hit a few of the country bars for a little fun. ;) I have always liked this song and lately I have been hearing it a lot. Each time I listen to it, I fall in love with the lyrics a little bit more. Yeah.. I know it is probably been the official graduation song for the entire country for the last two years... but I still love it!

No comments: